Contributors

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

We Visit the Glendale Library Cat Collection

Jane Reporting for 3rd September

Yesterday, 3rd September, was our day at the Glendale Public Library visiting their Cat Collection.  The bulk of the collection was donated in the early 1970s so was a bit early for my Ragdoll research but was interesting nonetheless.

I had been emailing the library for some time to arrange to have some of the collection made available to me outside the opening hours of the Special Collections Room (Tuesdays and Thursdays 10 - 12 and 1 - 3).  We were going to be in Glendale on both the Monday and Tuesday, I had explained, and it was their suggestion that they could make certain documents available in the main library on the Monday.  Until, that was, they asked which Monday and Tuesday I would be visiting ... and informed me that Monday 2nd was Labor Day and they would be closed.  There went those best-laid plans!

In the Special Collection Room at Glendale Library

Jewel City Cat Club Show Catalogues

Some of the Research Material

Out the Back
I'll probably come back and expand this entry as we have to keep moving this morning as we're picking up Geoff and Lyn from Los Angeles airport and relocating to Pete and Marilynne's home in Laguna Niguel.

No comments:

Post a Comment