Contributors

Friday, October 25, 2013

Those Canadians, again.

Don reporting.

Second to last night of the cruise I went down to happy hour with a group of Canadians from BC. I had met up with them several times at happy hour, which on the Oosterdam is from 4 to 5 pm each night in the Ocean Bar. Tonight the Canadians had spent the afternoon at a wine tasting - I don't know how I missed it. Everyone was very happy and it was interesting as we were sitting in the LGBT area of the bar. We came to a happy compromise with them and they were happy to let us sit in there area.

Eventually I caught up with the others, drink wise, and then everything went smoothly. Alas, it soon came to about 5.40 pm and a couple of the group had to go up to the Crows Nest for a trivia contest - they were currently in fourth place. While the last member of the group thought he had stayed long enough as to not to have caused a precedent of leaving early went back to his cabin and checked everything was OK with his wife. I headed for my cabin and took a couple of photos then started writing. My daughter is always saying on my trips I hardly ever have photos of myself so tonight I tried to remedied this. Gary and Jane might remember the round-a-about incident, well this was another.

Tonight is a formal night and everyone going to the main dinning room was expected to dress for the occasion. I'm still trying to decide wether this will be me or whether I will slum it and go up to the Lido deck and have a meal there.

Well I finally decided, I went up to the Lido deck for dinner and sat opposite Werner Salinger who had given us a very interesting series of lectures on World Affairs. After I finished my cheese and coffee I went over and thanked him for his series and how he had brought some sanity to Hi De Hi approach of the other entertainment and especially the Entertainment Directory.

I am sure you would like to see my photos ....


 
 

1 comment:

  1. A bit glum-looking for a man just back from Happy Hour! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete