Contributors

Thursday, October 3, 2013

The storms over.

Don reporting.

I have just looked at my daily program to check the date and it is Wednesday 2 October. Each evening the next-days program turns up outside your room. Not only does it keep you in touch with all the ship-board activities, but it is dated so you can keep track of the days. Another helpful practise is the changing of the mats in the elevators each day.

The storm that kept us in port has now past and the ship is steady and once again it easy walking around. It was a different story on Monday night as we sailed around the bottom of Vancouver Island and turned south along the coast heading for LA. The wind was 50+ mph and I think the waves were about 20 feet or so. Anyway, the ship was certainly rolling a bit. At about 9 pm I headed down to my cabin and decided to climb into bed an sleep my way through the storm. I can tell you a cabin low down in the middle of the ship is certainly the place to be. The pitching and rolling seemed to have disappeared, I climbed into bed and went to sleep. In the morning the wind was still 50 mph, the doors to the deck still roped off, and in my central cabin there was some movement that made showering interesting.

 

I was again surprised as I went to the dining room, at the stern, the ship's movement increased dramatically such that walking became difficult.So remember if you are planning to take a cruise select a cabin in the centre and not too high up. This is advice that you will often see and believe me it is true.

 

Now the final question - did I get sea-sick - No.

 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the storm has moved on - and that your cabin was a good choice.

    ReplyDelete