Contributors

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Second Hand Books, Expedition 2015

My Second Hand Books Expedition or one week in the South Island doing Dunedin's Regent 24 hour book far, checking out the local book shops, and then heading north to Christchurh. On the way stopping a couple of shops in Oamaru and while there visiting couple of old-book shops and visit two old Scott Base huts. Huts where spent two Antarctic winters. From there Timaru and anothe book shop then onto Asburton. No, not another book shop but this time an Aircraft Museum. From here a day in Christchurh then fly back to Palmerston North get my car, pick up my cat and head for my Villa at Summerset on Summerhill.
This morning set off for Dunedin early this morning eventually arriving at 2.30 pm. Picked up my rental car, set my Navman, and follwed its instruction to ther front door of my Hotel. Once I dumped my luggage I set off the main street, just one block from the hotel. My first job was to buy a warm windproof jacket. Something I had been meaning to do since I lost my last one. A very good one it was too. Made in Scotland and bought the last (and only) time I was in Bath back in 2000. I thought that Dunedin being so much further south (colder for you Northen Hemisphere readers) they would have a better selection. Wrong again!

If I get the WiFi sorted out I will post this to my Blog via Email. My daughter seems to be able to do it so I can't see why I can't. My prevoius blog explains how she is travelling from the Black sea to the Atlantic on a River Cruise or was until just past Vienna the engine blew-up. Her blog has been excellent and a very good friend from Canada has challenged me do the same. So this is the first. I will get around to pictures next time.


Sent with Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment