Contributors

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Off to Oamaru

Off down to the South Island. Flying to Christchurch and the driving down to Oamaru to visit David Harrowfield and copy of few Antarctic slides. The flight out of Palmerston North was quite smooth considering the wind at ground level and the landing in Christchurch wasn't bad either. I picked up a rental and set up the satellite navigation and headed off to my Hotel, the BreakFree on Cashel. Every thing would have been OK if had entered the correct address. There is a lot of difference 16 and 165 when part of Cashel Street hasn't been restored since the Earthquake. I arrived eventually to a lone hotel surrounded by empty building sites and partially collapsed buildings.
 However once inside it was all bright and new and on going up to my room I saw a corridor with an interesting set colour coded door mats.


The room is very small, new and fitted allsorts of techno fittings.

  After settling in I headed out to the Tannery on Garland Street a new shopping complex that on entering looked very old. I didn't buy a thing.
 Then after looking around I climbed back into my rental and let the Stat. Nav. take me back to the hotel. Yes! I had correct address this time.
Finished the day with a couple of beers and Chinese meal of spicy lamb salad.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to read you made it okay. Hotel looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete