Contributors

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Ashburton and we beat France.

Just finished a Sunday roast at the Hotel Ashburton. It is warm, the sun is shinning and there is not even the slightest breeze. However the day did not start this way

Up early showered and went down to breakfast in the BreakFree on Cashel. Back to room just in time for the start of the World Cup game between the All Blacks and France. I layed on the bed and watched the first half. Then halfway through the second half the Blacks were so far ahead I decided they didn't need my support so I started my packing.

I left about 10.30 am and headed south to Ashburton. The weather was fine but there was a strong northwester. Strong gust of winds forcing the car to move east each time there was a gap in the roadside trees. Stopped for coffee at Rakia then headed on again arriving a the Hotel Ashburton about mid day.

Booked in then about 1 o'clock headed out the Ashburton Aircraft Museum. I had been there before many years ago and was keen to see if they had many new aircraft. They did. The second hanger that last time was half empty now was so packed with planes that it was difficult to move about. Several times I just missed hitting my head as move under one wing to get to the next aircraft.


I saw three aircraft I am sure that Gary hasn't got in his hanger and Maureen's grandchildren in Raleigh would enjoy


Then there were simple cockpits and a little more complicated ones.



After taking lots of photos I headed back to the hotel. Sat in the window with the sun streaming in and started to read. Of course I went to sleep and when I woke up went for my dinner or back to the start of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment